cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLT - 02 Sim Cards

MPW3003
Joining in

I received a Customer Survey from Virgin last night which included a question regarding the usefulness of my 02 SIM Card! I could have wept!

In March, out of the blue, I received a bill from 02 in the sum of £56 for unspecified charges. Concerned about identity theft I contacted 02 Customer Services and was assured that someone would call me back. Nobody did. To cut a long story very short 10 further calls and as many emails have been fired off without a single reply other than to inform me they were cutting off the service!! I have never received a SIM card and have never signed a contract with 02 - all my accounts are with EE. 

I have made an official complaint to 02 who are required to respond within 7 days and have failed to do so. I have now written to the Ombudsman with the email trail and phone log.

The Cherry on the top now is that 02 have registered non payment against my previously unblemished credit file and unbelievably they have now sold the “debt” to a firm called Lowell’s who are pursuing me for a debt of £492 !!!!!!

Are Virgin responsible for this unholy mess? I have been a customer for over 20 years and would like some answers please !!!!

Yours sincerely

MPW3003

3 REPLIES 3

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MPW3003,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've received an unexpected SIM Card and bill for O2 services. Unfortunately, as our companies haven't completely finished the merger, we're unable to access or view any details regarding an O2 account, so would not be able to assist with the charges via these Forums.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to identify any details on our systems using your Forum Account. Do you have an active service with Virgin Media? If so, on your bills, is your package identified as a "VOLT" package?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Dear Reece

Thank you for taking the time to reply…..more than O2 have done! To be clear it wasn’t an “unexpected” SIM card - I have never received one!!! It was the bill that was the unexpected and unwelcome surprise. Lowell’s have been unable to supply me with a copy of my supposed “contract” so we appear to be at an impasse……. and my credit file has been affected !!!!

I certainly am not aware if I am on a VOLT account, the first I knew about it was yesterday when you forwarded me a marketing survey, and I certainly have never had a SIM card through Virgin !!!

Warmest regards

MPW3003

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MPW3003,

Sorry for the confusion with that, thank you for clarifying. I'm going to drop you a private message to look into this further. As mentioned, I won't be able to assist with the O2 side of things but can take a look at any Virgin Media services to try and identify the issue.

Please look out for my message in the top-right of the Forums, in the purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ