cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM app - Cannot change account number

Ronnie52
On our wavelength

Due to an order mistake on my part  I cannot log on to VM app

I cancelled original order in error so had to reorder service and cannot now use the app as I cannot change the account number

can anyone advise please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ronnie52, thanks for getting back to us.

I can see that you're liaising with my colleague.  I will therefore leave you in their capable hands.

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Ronnie52, and welcome back to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the confusion caused with the account number.

Each order for an account would produce a different account number and cannot be changed.

Have you been able to obtain the account number for the most recent order you've placed with Virgin Media and attempted to register for a self-care account with that account number? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Ronnie52
On our wavelength

Yes I have the new a/c number but when I try to register it it says an account with that email exists then defaults back to the cancelled a/c number

Thanks for coming back to me @Ronnie52.

Are you able to create the self-care account with an alternative E-Mail address?

Once this is set up, you can alter the set up details of the account via this link

This includes Sign in details, Communication Preference, Contact Details and Telephone Security Details.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Ronnie52
On our wavelength

But will doing that still be the original account number which is a cancelled account?

Hi Ronnie52, thanks for getting back to us.

I can see that you're liaising with my colleague.  I will therefore leave you in their capable hands.

Regards

Lee_R