cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utter farce returning a handset only deal…..

TALON1973
Up to speed

OMG….. of all the most absurd things Virgin do, this takes the biscuit……

im on Ultimate oomph… and as people are aware you get a FREE sim with unlimited data / minutes.  Now I don’t personally use the sim , but gave it to a family member.

Now I’ve had this since Feb . Sim costs me nothing. A few days ago I decided to get a HANDSET ONLY deal as a Christmas present. 3 year option….. I’m ONLY paying for the phone.

Said phone arrives yesterday . But 24 hours later I want to send it back as the person I bought it doesn’t want it.

NOW….. this is where silly buggers comes into play….. The HANDSET ONLY deal for some reason gets linked to my virgin sim account ( which is a separate virgin mobile login ) . 

To cancel the HANDSET ONLY part, the sim has to be temporarily disabled until Virgin get the phone back. This now means my relative has no use of the unlimited data or the minutes for what’s probably Monday the 30th at the very earliest. Absolutely bonkers.

Why the handset got linked to the sim is beyond me, as i was only paying for the PHONE. There’s a good chance the sim won’t be attached to virgin once my oomph package end as the number will be pac changed.

Another Virgin facepalm.

4 REPLIES 4

yekrub
On our wavelength

Hi,

I had a similar problem with Virgin. They did not set up my direct debit correctly, not even when I told them it was not showing on my account. They then said that they could not do it until the account balance was reduced to zero and so I would have to make a manual payment as well as having the direct debit. When I did not do so they posted late payment fees and suspended my broadband service - all for an error they had made. 

They seem to like making up rules to say that the customer has to suffer for their poor admin. 

However if you keep copies of webchats, emails, etc and avoid using the phone, then you can collect evidence to support your case. Posting that in public on this forum and Trustpilot was the trigger for a much quicker and more efficient/effective/customer focussed response to my complaint - but you do still need to be prepared to stand your ground.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi TALON1973,

Thanks for your post, please can you keep to one post, I can see we are replying to you on the other post. Just so we can assist you quicker.

Zoie

.@Zoie_P

Actually that was a completely different issue. And hasn’t been discussed at all in my other post.

Thanks for coming back to @Zoie_P

Apologies that there seems to have been some misunderstanding over the subject matter over the private messaging conversation you're currently having with a member of our team and on this thread.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn