cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading my phone and plan online keeps crashing

RegPither
On our wavelength

I've tried a few times over the last couple of weeks to upgrade my phone and plan online, and each time I get all the way through the process, but it all stops when I press the 'Buy now' button. An error message comes up in a box at the top of the screen and the page just hangs. When I try to log in again, it comes up with a message that maintenance is taking place, and a further attempt to login gives a 'Bad request' message. I'll give it another go so I can note the error message, but does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RegPither, thank you for getting in touch! Sorry to hear of this experience! 

Would you mind just confirming if you are trying to update your landline or mobile phone plan?

Following this we can offer further support!

All the best. 

Molly

RegPither
On our wavelength

Molly,

I'm trying to upgrade my mobile phone and plan. I just tried again and halfway through I got 'Oops! you've caught us hard at work' again.

Thank you for that information. Have you been able to try this via different devices & Web Browsers?

^Martin

Martin,

Thanks for that suggestion! I tried on a different browser and got all the way to the end of the process this time. However, right at the end, I did receive this message - 

We're Sorry…

Sorry, it doesn’t look like we can go ahead with your order right now.

But at least I'm getting further along. Thanks for your help.

I'm glad to hear that was able to help somewhat. 

What I would advise is clearing the cookies and cache if you wish to try again. 

Or alternatively you can call into the team via 789/0345 600 0789 and they can process the upgrade for you. 

^Martin

The only problem with doing it on the phone is that I've no idea what my password is as it's been 4 years since I got my current phone and have had no reason to call since then. Hence my trying to do it online.

Hi @RegPither thanks for your reply and confirmation. 

Ah okay, upgrades generally do need to be discussed over the phone due to having to pass security in order to do this.

We can however, ask you some secondary account questions to pass security and worst case scenario, send a memorable word reminder to you which hopefully can help with this.

If you call the Mobile Team on the number previously advised, we'll make sure we get this sorted for you either way.

Many thanks

Tom_W

RegPither
On our wavelength

Well, I managed to order online through the live chat service and everything seemed to be going well and I passed the credit check. My order is due to be delivered tomorrow as I'm going away on Friday and would quite like it by then. This was all verified as being ok, but then I got a message saying I would 'get several emails' so I could provide a 'digital signature'. I then got an email saying that my order is currently 'parked', but no indication what I should be doing to release it and have received no more communication yet. I've been a Virgin phone/TV/broadband customer for many years now, so I would assume I don't need much more to verify me. What could the hold up be?

Thank you for keeping us posted on this. 

To be able to look into that further I will private message you to get some details. 

^Martin