cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading mobile question

paperclip
Well-informed

If I purchase a phone from Sony directly instead of through Virgin Mobile can I put my SIM that I have currently into the new phone?

And if the SIM is a different kind from what I already have, can I ask Virgin to send out a SIM that will fit the phone being that I pay virgin each month to use their sim? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @paperclip

The Sony phones we currently offer can be found here 

If you did want to take a handset with us, yes you can pay for the cost in monthly installments over a contract period. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

yes to both questions

Tony.
Sacked VIP

So as soon as I put the current virgin SIM card in the new phone from Sony that sim info will show up on the new phone like it does with my current phone? 

Hey @paperclip,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
Yes anything that is saved onto your sim card would be visible, when you put the sim into your new handset.

Regards,

Steven_L

I'm thinking of going to Sony directly for the upgrade as they are promoting the Xperia 12 whereas virgin don't appear to have this on offer. 

Only benefit I can see of upgrading from virgin mobile is the opportunity of paying the phone up in instalments. 

Hi @paperclip

The Sony phones we currently offer can be found here 

If you did want to take a handset with us, yes you can pay for the cost in monthly installments over a contract period. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

The Xperia 12 isn't on that list, only the Xperia 1 III and the Xperia 5 III. 

Will virgin be supplying the Xperia 12 at some point? 

Perhaps I'm getting a little bit mixed up maybe it was the Android version 12 instead of the Xperia model, but I could have sworn that the Sony info was Xperia 12. 

We don't have any updates on the Xperia 12 unfortunately. 

If this does become available we will update our site and other marketing channels.

Vikki - Forum Team