Menu
NickMcDine
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade cockup

I recently upgraded my pay monthly contract & handset. New phone got delivered with a new sim/number.
Contacted 789 on the phone for 1.5 hours and it turned out virgin have set me up as a new customer rather than an upgrade, so I now have a new airtime contract running along side my original airtime plan (phone paid off) which was virgins **bleep** up, I’ve now had to cancel original airtime plan and continue with new one which I didn’t want to do as changing number etc and call centre said cannot transfer number!!!! Also I have to pay 30 days of cancellation which I disagree with as virgins mess not my fault. 789 is hopeless they do not understand what you want or tell them. Could a shop sort this or am I wasting my time? Don’t say ring 789 please couldn’t cope with another hour long call explaining 100 times the issue
0 Kudos
NickMcDine
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade cockup

Another thing is I’ve now been locked out of my account online for original number account and no access to new account online, I’m assuming it’s because it’s same email address for both and system can’t handle it. Looks like I’m going to spend another hour on the phone sorting this out.
Virgin you really need a U.K. call centre number for complaints
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade cockup

Hi NickMcDine,

Thanks for your post on the Community and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that you have been sent a new contract/handset instead of being upgraded as requested. Has this been sorted out for you since your post? 

If you are still having an issue with this, I will need to take more details in order to look into this for you. Please send me a private message by clicking this link: PM me here and provide the following details:

• Full name on the account
  • Mobile number

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos