cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited minutes but not enough credit to make calls

jessiemgeorge
Joining in

I have unlimited minutes but every time I try to make a call it says I don't have enough credit. I am not a pay-as-you-go customer. How can I sort this? 

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
if you have a £0 price cap on your account, you cannot make ANY chargeable calls or texts (some 070 080 0845 and 101 numbers) although I think they changed that recently for 101

Thanks for your help,

So I have to just add a spending cap amount? And then I can make calls but still won't be charged for them? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
you will be charged for calls that are not included in your 'unlimited' minutes,

I'm o2 and I'm charged if I call 076 numbers, Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man numbers aren’t included and will cost extra, even though I'm also unlimited

every network is sadly different so you'd need to check, also check out the site SayNoTo0870 https://www.saynoto0870.com/ that is useful as it provides alternative free call numbers to most of those chargeable ones, so an 0845 will have a 0345 or local dial which will be free

Hi jessiemgeorge, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue making calls on your device. 

Are you getting the same message when trying to make a call that's within your allowance? Such as a standard landline or mobile number? 

Come back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes, I get this message for any call I make. Standard 07 mobile numbers 

Do you know if the numbers you are calling are abroad at this time?

Are you WiFi calling at all? If so, do you have any data limit on your package?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Anonymous
Not applicable

need more info as not all 07 calls are mobiles

070 calls are premium rate

076 is Channel Islands and are chargeable

They are not abroad, they are not Wi-Fi calls, I have a data limit but have never even been close to using it up

It's not premium numbers or anything like that, simply can't call anyone - family members friends etc