cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbarring Services

Derivative
Joining in

I recently switched from the pay-as-you-go service to a pay-monthly deal.

As with several other people my service has been barred, even though as far as I can tell the direct debit is correct and I am in credit. I can't phone the 789 hotline because the phone won't make calls.

Clicking "unbar services" on the website just asks me to send you money. It mentions something about about a £0.00 spending limit - but if I try to change that an error appears. Sadly the mobile app isn't much use.

I wonder if a tickbox somewhere in Virgin's giant spreadsheet still says that I'm on pay-as-you-go. Can you fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Derivative,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that we could look into what's going on here for you.

As discussed, this has now been addressed and your services should be restored within the next 24 hours. If not, please turn your handset off and leave it off for at least 30 seconds before turning it back on. This can help to push through any network updates in case they are stuck.

If after doing this the issues remain, please let us know and we can investigate further.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Derivative,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear that you're facing some issues with your mobile service following a switch from Pay As You Go to Pay Monthly.

I'm more than happy to take a closer look at what's going on here for you, but I'll need some additional details. As such, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Derivative,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that we could look into what's going on here for you.

As discussed, this has now been addressed and your services should be restored within the next 24 hours. If not, please turn your handset off and leave it off for at least 30 seconds before turning it back on. This can help to push through any network updates in case they are stuck.

If after doing this the issues remain, please let us know and we can investigate further.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

That seems to have done the trick. For the record the issue was that after switching from pay-as-you-go to a pay-monthly account, the spending limit was set to £0.00 by default. Which meant that I immediately hit the limit. The technician has now reset it to a more sensible level.

I'm not a database person but I wonder if it pulled the value from my previous spending limit, which would have been blank, because I didn't have one. My PAYG account was nineteen years old so it might not affect people who joined later.

Hi Derivative, 

Thank you for coming back to update us on the this thread. Glad to hear your issues have now been resolved. 

Sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused, and thank you for your patience whilst we got things sorted. 

Please do let us know if there is anything else we can help with!

All the best. 

Molly