cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register account error Def01

DB77
Joining in

Hi, I have been trying to register an online account since 30 Dec and keep getting error code DEF01 or 'you can't use that password'. I have spoken to about 10 different customer service agents who have reset my email address, set a password, had me clear cookies cache and whatever else, try on different devices and browsers and raised 2 incidents with the technical team (first one about 6 weeks ago) who I keep getting told will be in touch urgently within the next 5 days but still heard nothing from them. Now I can't even get to the register page as it shows as being down for about a week now. I can see that this is a common fault from the virgin community.

Could someone from the Virgin team actually get this fixed for me as I can't run tests on my Internet when it slows or falls over regularly or see my bills.

I'm starting to regret switching back to Virgin and remembering the nightmare customer service I went through when cancelling last time.

3 REPLIES 3

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DB77,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're facing some issues registering for an online account recently. However, in the meantime, you can still checked for any known area impacting service faults using our Service Status Checker tool without any need to log in.

To confirm, do you currently have services that are active with us, or are you waiting for them to be installed and activated?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach, broadband and landline active since 11th Jan.

Hi @DB77,

Thank you for clarifying. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take a closer look at things for you. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!