cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make phone calls

Kh4l
Joining in

So I am unable to make phone calls, and can't even contact virgin mobile because of this.

This all started when I got my phone number transferred to my name from a family member. I also upgraded my contract and was told it would update by the 22nd of September but im still on my old contract.

I spoke to a representative by the name of JR.

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kh4l, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue making calls since some changes have been made. In order for us to help, we'll need to check a few things with you. 

• Is it just calls to other VM networks or is this happening on all calls you try to make?
  • Have you been able to use the data side of your plan or send any texts or does using these functions also cause an error?
  • When trying to call out, what actually happens? Does the call just fail to connect or do you have a pre-recorded voice giving you an error message? 
  • Since the changes were made, have you received a new SIM card to use at all? 
  • Finally, the upgrade you speak about, is this showing in your account here?

Pop back and let us know so we can help you further 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, 

1. Yes it happens on all calls I make

2. Yes I have been able to use my data and text as normal.

3. So when I call It won’t connect, it will make the sound you usually hear when the other line is busy and it will disconnect.

4. No I haven’t received a new sim, I was told by the representative that I wouldn’t need a new sim since I was still staying with VM

5. No it doesn’t show on my account. I checked the app and according to that I’m still on my old contract.

im really disappointed especially with the representative I spoke to, he said this would be a smooth process with no hiccups…

kind regards, 

kh4l

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Kh4l,

Thank you for your reply, can you please manually select the Vodafone network and the ee one to see if you can make calls or use data on either one, if so it may be a migration issue.

Please let us know.

Zoie