Menu
faircot
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Unable to get PAC from Virgin operators

My wife and I have a Virgin mobile account each but now need to cancel our accounts and port our numbers to a new supplier.

However, we are both hitting a brick wall and have spoken to five different 'customer service' operators over the the past four days without any success in getting our PAC numbers. I have had the call discontinued, been told that the department responsible isn't 'there' and have endured the most interminable scripts and excuses read by these people for not giving me the codes. This behaviour is beyond acceptable.

I'm a patient man but enough is enough.

Does anybody have any suggestions for getting the codes we need before I explode?

0 Kudos
faircot
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to get PAC from Virgin operators

I was given a number to call that was supposed to be a direct line to obtain my PAC (0800 1831150).

If I call it I either get a recorded message saying "Technical difficulties, can't put you through" or "We operate between 8am to 10pm".

Guess which message I got at 8.10am this morning? No prizes for the correct answer.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

ofcom state 

A PAC must be provided to you immediately over the phone or within two hours by text. 

so will raise this to the mods - if nothing happens then i would suggest a call/mail to ofcom

@ModTeam - this is not acceptable if all the facts are correct

Tony
0 Kudos
faircot
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Right. This is getting me really angry now. I sent an email to Tom Mockridge asking if his team can help me get this PAC - but no response from him. Apparently, the 'only' phone number that can give me a code (0800 1831150) is non-operational.

I've just spoken to a customer services guy in the Philippines called Ben who refused to give me a code unless I cancelled my account NOW (he was shouting at me to do this) and would not listen to me telling him that he was wrong. I asked for his manager and he said, "it's me". I put the phone down on him in the end.

I'm utterly astounded by this appalling service. Is there really nobody within Virgin Mobile who can perform the simple act of giving me a code without reducing me to banging my head on my desk.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam - second try - this is not only bad CS its illegal - VM like all mobile phone networks are governed by rules on this - someone or a dept needs a kick - in the meantime you are breaking agreed procedures

Tony
faircot
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony for your remarks. My background is in the area of public relations and corporate identity. If I'd come across Virgin Media as a potential client I'd have run swiftly in the opposite direction.

I've drafted a letter to Virgin's complaints department in Swansea and if they don't reply by Friday then I'll take the matter up with OFCOM.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

send it registered and write your letter to OFCOM ready to send - i am not saying you wont get a reply from them by friday but from other comments on here you have more chance of winning the lottery on wednesday or finding hens with teeth

Tony
0 Kudos
faircot
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have my PAC details from Virgin!

I rang OFCOM this morning and raised a case issue. Easy process and helpful person at the other end.

Within an hour I received a call from Virgin's CEO's office with my code. He spoke to my wife and gave her a code also.

Reading between the lines of our conversation this is far from an isolated instance of customer service indifference/incompetence, and it's a shame that the service has deteriorated so much over the past couple of years.

So Virgin, over and out.

Bye 

Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi faircot,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been having some problems in getting your PAC code from us.

I'm glad to hear that you have managed to get this sorted out and can only apologise the lengths you had to go through to get these.

I wish you all the best with your new provider.

Take care,

Louise

Forum Support Team 

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
faircot
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Louise

It's quite educational to Google "trustpilot Virgin Mobile" and see the full horror that customers have been subjected to, particularly recently.