Menu
Jukesy01
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unable to dispute unusual data charge - not received any notifications. Been hung up for.....

Unable to dispute unusual data charge - not received any notifications. Been hung up for requesting to speak to a manager.

I'm absolutely appalled by the customer service (or not) in dealing with this issue, it is not something that I would expect of the Virgin Brand.

Every month for the last 24 months + our bill has always been between £25-£30, this month's bill has just been produced for £120 which they have said we have gone over our data (and credit limit so disconnected) but at the moment can't give us anymore details.

We haven't received any text notifications from virgin mobile since 2017, so I know they are supposed to send an alert when you are close to using your data so you can add an add-on if you wish, we have not received any texts and were blissfully unaware.

1st person I spoke to said they cant do anything until the actual bill has been produced and didn't want to answer any questions I had around previous data usage on the account which has always been within limit, felt like it was too much trouble to discuss and just wanted me off the phone.

2nd person I spoke to hung up just after I detailed my issues that I wanted addressing.

3rd person I spoke that I called to complain about the disputed charges said that even though Virgin had not informed me at all about my data usage and given me the opportunity to add a data add on that the charges are valid and I cannot dispute them (I still believe there is something seriously wrong with the bill but cant challenge it until the bill is produced).

I then asked to speak to a manager and also I would like to address the issue around not receiving any texts from virgin media, got put on silence for 6+ minutes and said they were busy but it was pointless as they won't be doing anything so both issues are still completely unresolved.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to dispute unusual data charge - not received any notifications. Been hung up for.....

I know you dont want to hear this, but you need to wait for your bill to be produced. Thats why you cant contest the charging as ATM they aren't actual charges, bill production could add credits that cover the excess usage.

As of now, keep checking your data usage on your online account everyday and screenshot it. There have been cases in the past where usage under the amount of remaining data on your account has triggered charging on a daily basis without the data available being zeroed. Which would explain the lack of text message.

Soon as you have access to your produced online bill, come back and let us know what is happening we can advise further.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to dispute unusual data charge - not received any notifications. Been hung up for.....

Hi Jukesy01,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about what has happened.

Have you been able to speak with the team yet concerning this?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Jukesy01
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not yet Martin, can you help?

Due to the poor customer service received I have also contacted the ceo office. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you raised a complaint with the team concerning this?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Jukesy01
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well they wouldn’t let me raise a complaint via the call centre until the bill had been produced even though part of the complaint was about not receiving the text alerts which would have avoided the whole mess it’s now in. 

I have seen emailed the ceo’s Office to complain. 

In addition I have called today and been able to log a complaint and was offered £15 credit which Ivd refused and then told I should go to deadlock which I said it didn’t want to do until either the ceo’s Office had spoken to me or the complaints process had been followed (going from complaint, to credit offer and then straight to deadlock is not part of the virgin mobile complains process, escalation to manager then senior manager are before deadlock). 

They couldn’t offer any explanation or resolution to ensuring text alerts can be fixed which is unacceptable and a credit offer of £15 is unacceptable, given we didn’t get the notification and if we did we could have bought a data add on package) And the data usage itself is very suspicious as we have never previously in the whole of our contract gone over 4gb in one, virgin Mobile said they can’t provide any indication of what this data was which means there is no way of proving whether a genuine error has been made on your side of our side - given that we’ve not received any notification texts it leads me to believe something isn’t right on your side and something weird has happened. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Right I see. Thank you for that information. 

Were you provided with a complaints reference number?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Jukesy01
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I didnt know, i've seen spoken to the CEO office this morning and the complaint has been dealt with to my satisfaction.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm glad to hear this has been sorted for you.

^Martin

0 Kudos