cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring contract once 18

BillionFour
Joining in

Hi there,

I am currently wanting to switch to a Virgin Pay Monthly deal from my current Pay As You Go plan from another provider. I am currently 17 and my parents have agreed to have the contract in their name until I am 18. 

Would I be able to switch my current phone number to Virgin Mobile, as the accounts will be in a different name, and would I be able to switch the account details to my name once I turn 18, keeping the phone number?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi BillionFour, thanks for the message, the PAC code is all which is needed to transfer the number and when this is to be transferred into another name we will do a transfer of ownership. Have you spoken to the upgrades team on 0800 183 1150 so that deals can be discussed. ^Chris. 

Thanks for the info Chris. I haven't spoken to the upgrades team yet. I was looking at the 12GB £7p/m deal that included the half price for 3 months bonus on uSwitch. I might give them a ring to see if there are any other deals that can be done. Many thanks!

The PAC code is indeed key to any mobile number transfer.

However the significant question of transferring the mobile a/c from your folks to you after your 18th does not appear to have been addressed.

Transfer of domestic Internet and TV services has repeatedly been declined by VM - even husband to wife gets a flat nope.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You're welcome BillionFour.

Please do let us know if you require any further assistance once you have chosen your deal 🙂

Nat

I assumed when Chris mentioned about transfer of ownership this is what they were talking about.

If I won’t be able to transfer this over when I’m 18, that would be a dealbreaker as I would loose my plan due to the switch to O2. Maybe it is different for internet and TV, but if there is any doubt whether it can be transferred I think I will stick with my current PAYG until I am 18.

Cheers