cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer sim from Family Plan to own Virgin contract

HL46
Joining in

Hi,

My sim is currently on a family plan but I would like to have my own sim only account/contract with Virgin and retain my existing phone number. Is this possible and if so, what are the exact steps to do this? Can the owner of the plan simply obtain a PAC code for this sim to provide to me?

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @HL46 thanks for your reply.

So in order for this to happen, it would firstly need to be your sister that arranges this, as the account holder.

Unfortunately though, it's not possible to simply transfer the details across however. What would be best for this, is the SIM in question would need to be ported out by your sister (to a different PAYG provider, to ensure you're not tied into a contract for example), and then ported back into us under your name, as there'd need to be a credit check for yourself.

It is a little complicated but it is the only way to do this.

If your sister can create an account here we can help with this, alternatively we're available over the phones on 789 from a Virgin Mobile handset.

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi HL46,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

So just to clarify with the current SIM, is it attached to another account currently?
Let us know,

Kain

Hi Kai , yes it part of my sister’s account. She has 3 sims (sim only) on her family account and I use one of the sims in my phone. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ahh okay thanks for the response. 

With the family plan it would be require 2 SIMs to be active on the account, are you looking to have 2 SIM's on your account?

Let us know,

Kain

No, my sister would remain with 2 sims on her account (her family plan) and I would like the 3rd sim (the one I use) transferred to a new account in my name which is not a family plan account. I.e. I was looking to buy the “sim only 5gb for £6 a month” deal but keep my same phone number. 

Hi @HL46 thanks for your reply.

So in order for this to happen, it would firstly need to be your sister that arranges this, as the account holder.

Unfortunately though, it's not possible to simply transfer the details across however. What would be best for this, is the SIM in question would need to be ported out by your sister (to a different PAYG provider, to ensure you're not tied into a contract for example), and then ported back into us under your name, as there'd need to be a credit check for yourself.

It is a little complicated but it is the only way to do this.

If your sister can create an account here we can help with this, alternatively we're available over the phones on 789 from a Virgin Mobile handset.

Many thanks

Tom_W