cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer a PAYG account to mi monthly account

Salmoneater
Tuning in

My wife's Virgin PAYG account has (presumably) been cancelled (without any notification! and some cash still in it!!). So now her phone does not work. Can I get her phone number added to my monthly account?

3 REPLIES 3

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Salmoneater,

Thank you for your post. Our apologies for any frustration with this. 

We have sent out multiple notification to all of our PAYG customer with regards to the stopping of the PAYG service. 

If the number has been completely disconnected then we wouldn't be able to provide a PAC code for that. 

I will check this for you. I will private message you now to confirm some details. 

^Martin

Salmoneater
Tuning in

Well, for anyone interested, the outcome, after many private messages back and forth with Virgin Media Support people, is that Virgin have completely erased the old number and, not automatically but only after request, "offered" to refund the money that was being held in the account. They say they sent messages about the removal of PAYG accounts, but nothing was actually sent to the associated email account, so I can only assume they just may have sent messages to a phone which was switched off.

All in all, dreadful service, Virgin.

I am sorry you feel the way that you do @Salmoneater if you wish we can help you raise a complaint.  But to set your expectation in advance, any complaint would be to review your journey.  We would not be able to restore any lost numbers etc.

Regards

Lee_R