cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade up

Peted1976
Joining in

I agreed to trade in my old phone early to upgrade. They said the new phone probably won't arrive until mid January but they have already sent out my envelope kit to return my phone and it says I only have 14 days or the offer will expire. I obviously don't want to send my phone in before I've got the replacement, so what am I supposed to do? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Peted1976, 

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

When you do a quote for a trade in, the price is only valid for 14 days. You can wait until you have received your new device but this may mean the price of your trade in will change. 

Once you re ready to trade in your device, you can check the price and then decide whether or not you wish to accept this. 

Hope that explains things for you. 

Let us know what you decide. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Peted1976, 

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

When you do a quote for a trade in, the price is only valid for 14 days. You can wait until you have received your new device but this may mean the price of your trade in will change. 

Once you re ready to trade in your device, you can check the price and then decide whether or not you wish to accept this. 

Hope that explains things for you. 

Let us know what you decide. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for that. It's a shame that wasn't explained to me when I did it. I had even clarified that I wouldn't want to send my phone until I had the new one and she said I would have plenty of time to swap everything to the new phone. 

Can I change my mind on this trade up, I think I would like to cancel it? 

Thanks 

Thanks for getting back to us @Peted1976

Sorry if you feel that you have been mis-led.  As you are the owner of the handset, there is no obligation to send it off, meaning you have the option of cancelling the order, purely from not sending the team the handset, if nothing else.  But any ordered handsets, I would recommend giving our team a call to ensure that it's cancelled if you do not wish to receive that.

Regards

Lee_R