cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text received about barring services

valdez
Tuning in

received a text 'i be barring services in 42 days'

what does this mean and why have i received it ?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

8 REPLIES 8

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @valdez.

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear this.

Could you please confirm the number this came from? Is there any more context given in the message or was this it? 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

do you mean my mobile number ?

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies, I mean the number the text came from. 

Is this from Virgin? 

To confirm, are you a PAYG customer? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

don't know how to tell who the text came from except says Virgin Media

says to call 789 which i may have done if i had any signal 

yes i am PAYG

Hi @valdez

Do you have any barring services active at the minute? Call barring etc that you're aware of?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

don't know what you're talking about - no i don't , don't know why i received the text or what it means but 8 hours later still trying to get a response

That may have been a message from us as we will no longer be providing PAYG services. But I can double check for you. I have sent you a private message.

Cheers,

Corey C

so i am now being told that the message means my phone would stop working ? the message doesn't seem to explain that. when was i going to be told that PAYG is ceasing and when is any balance on the account to be returned.

the other phone i have has received no message - not even this 'i be barring' illiteracy. will this cease working at the same time with no warning ? and when is any balance for that phone on the account to be returned.