cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages about bills that are not ours

georgiebarnes
Tuning in

My other half has twice received text messages supposedly from Virgin giving the amount of upcoming direct debit payments for his phone. Looking at the online account they are a mystery! Much higher than usual amounts yet the amount quoted does not get taken from our bank account. Just the DD we would normally expect.

Is this a scam to try and get our account details? I have told him never to click on any links!

5 REPLIES 5

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi georgiebarnes, 

Thank you for your post. 

This does sound a little off - especially if you're not aware of anything like this. What is the number the text has come from? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Not able to discover a phone number, its a message that show up as from Virgin along with the ordinary ones that say allowances have been rolled over etc.

the messages are coming through around the same time each month and instructions are to go to www.virginmobile.co.uk/your account  

Rather than click on the link given I have just accessed the phone records online in the normal way. Authentic bills are in the under £12 range and the messages are mentioning  bills of £31.87 and £51.92 . Enough to cause domestic discord at home!

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can imagine! 

When you log into your online account - is there anything relating to the amounts at all? Let me know, I can take a look for you if you prefer to give you some peace of mind? 

Cheers, 

Ryan.

Sorry Ryan I did try replying a few days ago but somehow this didn't go through.!! No sign of those amounts when I checked. Very odd.

Not to worry georgiebarnes,

We will certainly take a look at you bills just to give you peace of mind as Ryan advised. I will pop you over a private message to take some details, please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.