cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching into VM - PAC Problem

Streaky1968
Joining in

Recently sighed up for a Virgin Mobile Pay Monthly. Moving from Three and want to retain my old Three number.

Got a PAC from Three.

When trying to use the "Use PAC" facility on my VM online account. 

When I enter the number I want to keep, all's good and I get a green tick.

When I enter the PAC code, all's good and I get a green tick.

When I try to select a date for transfer - the field which pops up is blank (I assume this is some kind of calendar). Clicking on the "See next 7 days" link also reveals a blank page. A message at the top of the screen states;

Oops, it looks like the details you entered aren’t quite right.

Check you have the correct PAC and mobile number and try again.

checked the mobile number - it's correct. Checked the PAC code - it's correct.

Tried switch over the phone but the overseas call centre is telling me that they are getting a blank transfer option as well and that the PAC must be wrong. In desperation tried to get another PAC from Three but the exact same PAC came back.

Getting REALLY annoyed now and regretting signing with VM and not taking Three's upgrade offer. I'm now struck with two high end contracts (Three & VM).

Anyone having a similar experience? Or know how I can help VM get their systems working correctly?

4 REPLIES 4

Streaky1968
Joining in
I had suspected that this may have been a system overload issue - intensified by the fact that it was a bank holiday. It seems that this was probably correct and the IT elves seem to have fixed the glitch and I am now moving forward with the PAC porting.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Streaky1968,

Welcome! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with your PAC Code.

I am glad to see that it is working for you now, please do let us know if you have any more issues with it.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

zshaw
Joining in

Doesnt work for me. Same issue. Definitely the correct number and PAC. Selecting a date is also totally broken.

Please fix your site.. It's been a whole week with it broken. I cant use the service until I swap the number so I'm paying for nothing............... Calling the help desk they have the same issue as me on the website.

Hi @zshaw,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry to hear you're having the same issue when selecting the transfer date. 

I will pop you a PM now so we can confirm your details and take a closer look into this for you.

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs