Menu
DaveCHUNK
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Swap your SIM - wish i didnt - be careful if using an EE handset!!

I am having a complete knightmare at the moment and have lost ability to receive any calls/texts/whatsapps etc over the xmas period:

Story is; 

Thought I would knock my data usage down on my account as was 20Gb and only use max of about 3.

I have an iphone 8 that was on EE but worked with my old SIM in.

Got a new SIM because of the above, but this is a new network (didnt know) and says my sim is not supported as phone is locked to EE network.

Now because my number has been half ported my account is all messed up as first line.  

3 calls to VM to try and resolve - all with different answers - including last night backup and reset my iphone - didnt work.  Then another person said I had to go into the VM shop to get the EE lock removed - made the journey into town in the christmas sales - that was fun - only to be told we cant do anything.  He did fill a form in requesting a unlock and said thats all he can do - he wouldnt know if or when it will happen.

I am now sat here with a phone no one can ring me on, and a new sim card that does not work.

Not impressed at all with the VM response to this - anyone at VM able to HELP ME PLEASE!!!!????

0 Kudos
DaveCHUNK
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Swap your SIM - wish i didnt - be careful if using an EE handset!!

OK - after 2 more chats and it may take more than 5 days to sort I have had enough - PAC code requested, been to the shop, have new SIM and family can ring me again (albeit a temp number for a day or so). 

0 Kudos
DaveCHUNK
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Swap your SIM - wish i didnt - be careful if using an EE handset!!

Virgin are now a virtual operator using the EE masts but using there own new network - EE handsets will no longer work - would have been nice to know this before attempting SIM swap.

0 Kudos