cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting for o2 to be sent/activated

bpridham
Joining in

Hi,

I'm still waiting for my o2 sim to be activated/sent. I signed up to Virgin Media in December and was told I'd receive an unlimited data sim with my contract but I'm still waiting for this part of my contract. I've since gone between o2 and Virgin to try to get this resolved and I've been sent from pillar to post. My existing o2 contract has now expired so I'm now paying for a rolling contract that I could do without.

Does anyone know if this would count as a ground to cancel my contract as a service hasn't been provided? Or does anyone have a phone number of a department that would be able to help get this sorted?

3 REPLIES 3

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @bpridham,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having some issues with getting the O2 SIM card for your package. Once the order details are sent over to O2 they should dispatch it to you. What have O2 advised when you spoke with them about this?

Have you been billed for the O2 SIM card you're waiting on yet? It'd be O2 that bill you for that separately.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

Thank you for the reply - much appreciated.

When I spoke to o2 they advised me to phone Virgin as they'll need to set up the account.

Fortunately, I haven't been billed from o2 but I am now paying for a rolling contract which is more expensive than what I would've been paying through this deal. Would there be a way of cancelling this part of the contract and just signing up to Virgin Mobile as typically, my phone has now started to play up!

Thanks for your help,
Ben

Hi @bpridham,

Thank you for getting back to me on this and for expanding.

We're unable to perform any package changes from here on the forums, so you would be best speaking to our retentions department on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline) for further support on that.

Regarding your existing O2 package, if you're unhappy with it then I'd recommend speaking to O2 directly as they may be able to give you a new offer that you'd prefer which would still allow you to receive our Volt benefits. You can contact O2 by calling 0344 809 0202 (or 202 from an O2 handset).

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!