cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still being charged for disconnected mobile

GreenVeinedMan
Tuning in

Hi. I'm looking for some help with yet another mobile issue. Will try to be brief.

Aug 8th 2021 - we upgraded our VM media package to new contract to include free Oomph mobile.

I arranged the porting over of my number from EE so that it counted as the free Oomph SIM. I also asked to transfer my wife's VM mobile number into my name so that we could have the family discount.

My mobile transfer went well. Wife's mobile number, however, was disconnected on August 8th and never worked again. When nothing further happened I rang again to discover it had been transferred to someone else! What's more the number could apparently not be recovered! We had to accept a new mobile number and were offered a credit to our account in compensation for this appalling and inexcusable gaffe.

This new number is now in my name and working fine BUT!... wife's OLD number is also in my name and it appears I'm still being charged for it. The phone service was disconnected on August 8th but not the billing side it would seem.

Can some help with this be offered here on this forum or do I have to risk a phone call to Customer Service again? I'm leery of doing that as they don't seem to know what they are doing and I have wasted many hours of my life with these issues.

Advice please? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi GreenVeinedMan

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with your wife's mobile number and billing, I appreciate this must be frustrating.

I would be happy to look in to this further for you so I am going to pop you over a private message to grab a few more details. This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi GreenVeinedMan

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with your wife's mobile number and billing, I appreciate this must be frustrating.

I would be happy to look in to this further for you so I am going to pop you over a private message to grab a few more details. This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Thanks for your offer of help. I have replied!

Cheers.