Menu
Luxara
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Slow or no mobile internet in Watford

I'm using the unlimited data contract and, most of the time, it's working absolutely fine. However, every time I enter Watford city centre, my connection drops completely or slows down to a crawl (e.g. 0.01MB/s). It's incredibly annoying as nothing will load.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow or no mobile internet in Watford

Hi Luxara, welcome to our community forums.

I am sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues accessing data in Watford, is it in particular areas of the city centre that you've been noticing issues with the data service or is it a general issue in all areas of the city centre?

Have you been able to try a manual network search whilst there to see if you can get a better reception?

Thanks

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Luxara
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's pretty much all areas in the city centre, or rather, between Watford Junction and Market Street, but it isn't constant either. It might be fine one day, when the next day, nothing will load. A manual network search doesn't seem to help, unfortunately. 

The weird thing is that the reception is displayed as being fine, 4G and almost full bars, but it's still slow to the point where the simplest websites or messages won't load.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update,

Looking at our coverage checker I can see that there is potentially reduced 4G coverage between those two locations, partially to due to a few masts having a fault that has been fixed in last 3 days and a couple that currently have degraded service at the moment. Looking at coverage I can see from mast placement in that area that it isn't great for coverage also. This would also likely be the cause of why some days you would receive further reduced service, as if the area is particularly busy on those days additional customers would be connecting to those masts and taking up some of the available data bandwidth from the masts.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Luxara
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update.

Is there any info on whether the degraded service will improve? If it was just a couple of hours of worse service every day, I wouldn't care, but pretty much having no data whatsoever on some days is a bit of an issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As the masts that we use for coverage are EE masts we aren't able to advise on fix times for any issues as it is reliant on them maintaining the equipment.

Tom_S

0 Kudos