cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim not provisioned whilst abroad

jarribas
Joining in

Hi. I have the same problem, I received the new SIM but the old one is not commissioned as I am currently working abroad - so I cant send the SMS to swap

Could you please help. Thanks

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread]

7 REPLIES 7

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jarribas,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're facing some problems with the activation of a new SIM card. The new/replacement SIM card can only be activated whilst within the UK and connected to our network in the UK. We're also unable to send out SIM cards to a non-UK address I'm afraid.

Do you know approximately when you'll be returning to the UK?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Unfortunately not. It could be weeks or even months. I need a faster solution

To clarify, I have the new SIM here. Simply I cant send the SMS with the old sim, if you can activate the new one somehow I should be able to use it.

Hi @jarribas, thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear that you've been unable to use your new SIM.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi jarribas, thanks for getting back to my privately.  This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

yes thanks for your prompt response!

You're very welcome jarribas.  I am sure you'll already be aware of this, but just to be on the safe side, have you checked here for costs of using your Virgin Mobile SIM whilst abroad?  I hope it helps.

Regards

Lee