cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim included with Oomph Package

finlaystuart
Joining in

I have a problem with Virgin Media Oomph packages and can’t seem to get an answer to my question.

Currently I have and oomph package “M200 Fibre + (Free) 5gb Sim” I didn’t really want the Sim but I was told it was the best way to get a good price for my Broadband - After the Sim arrived, I stuck it in my phone and checked the signal at home and work and most of the other places I visit often – all good.

I then moved my number onto my Virgin Sim and everything seemed good, my issue is that there are at least 4 areas on my drive to and from work where without fail If I am on a call the other person will start to sound like a robot and the call will fail. I spend a lot of time on the phone on the way to and from work so it’s not really ideal.

I was looking to move my number back onto a Sim from my old provider (Vodafone) and just keep the Virgin sim for emergencies or maybe give it to one of my parents to use but my issue is that is I use a PAC Code then this will cancel my Virgin Sim and this would therefore increase the cost of my broadband as I would no longer have an Oomph package, so it seems that my number is stuck with Virgin until the remainder of my 18 month contract is up.

I hope that all makes sense.

7 REPLIES 7

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the service issues you've been experiencing with the mobile phone services.

Can you please confirm if the SIM card has been entered into a different handset to see if this drop in quality of calls is also apparent? 

Have we been able to previously offer you a new SIM card to see if this can help rectify the issue?

In regards to the PAC code - this would kill off the SIM card and would therefore remove the discount that's offered on the Media package

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for getting back to me,

No I haven't tried in a different phone, I have been having the issue with both a physical sim and an E-Sim (iPhone 12 Pro Max)

Is there no way I can add another Sim to my package to be the "Free" one then use my Pac code to remove the number from the one I have?

Pretty frustrating that my number is stuck on a Sim cant use. I would be happy enough for the Sim to be completely cancelled and just have the broadband if it meant I could have my number transferred.

Thanks for coming back to me

Can you tell me if you experience the issues on the calls on 4G or 5G services? 

Is it possible to try changing to either the 4G or 5G service whilst at home to see if this improves the quality of the calls?

Do you also experience issues with data and texts in these particular areas? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Can you tell me if you experience the issues on the calls on 4G or 5G services? - So far only on 4G i have never been in a 5G area, i live in south west Scotland so will be a long time before we see 5G.

Is it possible to try changing to either the 4G or 5G service whilst at home to see if this improves the quality of the calls? - As above we don't have 5G.

Do you also experience issues with data and texts in these particular areas? - Data is the same drop outs yes I have even tried using Facetime audio calls to get round it but I still issues.

Hi @finlaystuart thanks for getting back to us.

I think we need to take a look to check if you're on a migrated SIM or the older SIM which would still be attached to the EE network.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee

Hi, 

I was told  by private message that...

"I am still looking into your issue.  If I cannot make the arrangement that allows you to port your number and keep the oomph with a different number, then I am working on an alternative fix"

I then asked for an update to be told by somebody else...

Hello Stuart 

I am sorry that it is still not working

I think this may have been explained already 

If you were to join another network, Then the Oomph Discount would be removed as well.

Hello finlaystuart

I can see this is currently with one of my colleagues, I'm not sure why this has produced a duplicate thread. I will ask them to contact you via Private Message with an update on this as soon as possible.

Rob