cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim exchange

Pk31
Joining in

I’m working in Portugal and I have to do yet another sim exchange they seem to be every few months can I get a friend in the uk to activate it on his phone and bring it over to me?

there maybe a 4-5day gap in him activating it and it going into my phone is this ok

3 REPLIES 3

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pk31

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you have had to change the Sim every few Months, there has been 2 changes over the past couple of Years, we do apologise for any inconvenience caused, as long as the Sim is activated in the UK this will be OK. Regards

Paul.

Pk31
Joining in

im working in Portugal at the moment and I’ve been sent yet another sim it seems like every couple of months can I get a friend to activate it in uk in their phone and then bring it to me there will be 4-5day delay between activation and it being put in my phone is this ok??

Hi Pk31, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've had to swap SIMs. We've recently sent new SIM's out to facilitate the completion of our migration from EE to Vodafone. 

In order for the SIM to be successfully activated, it will need to be done in the UK. Once activated, the current SIM will stop working. The 4-5 day delay between activation and using in your phone will be fine. 

Please let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs