cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card disconnected?

jakabroad
Joining in

Please can someone help me !!!!

I am on holiday in Sweden for a few months, Virgin Media have made my life really difficult by disconnecting my phone with their incompetent roll out of new sim cards. The new sim cards have been sent to my UK address with a 14 day expiry date, I have contacted VM to explain that getting a sim card to Sweden in that period is virtually impossible and suggested they extend the period to 21 days (apparently the computer said NO!) . I was assured I would not experience any disruption and advised to contact them upon my return to arrange a new sim card, which seemed a reasonable solution.

Today my sim has stopped working so basically I have been cut off from the rest of the world, not to mention my bank!

My best option at the moment is to leave VM after many years unless they can sort this mess out

James Keith

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

3 REPLIES 3

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jakabroad

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the SIM card.

We can't send these outside of the UK unfortunately. 

These are sent to the registered UK address we hold for the customer.

If someone you trust has access to your home, you can ask that they activate the SIM in the UK and send this on to you.

Alternatively we can send the SIM cards to an alternative address in the UK, again for someone to activate in the UK and send on to you.

Would either of these options be a possibility for you?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi 

Thanks for your response, I have arranged for my son to activate my sim and send it to me in Sweden. 

I am more annoyed that you have disconnected my current sim despite me contacting VM on several occasions and being reassured that I would not experience any issues! 

Perhaps your help desk needs to be updated for customers in my situation. 

Regards James Keith 

Hi @jakabroad

Thank you for your response.

I am sorry for any incorrect information received previously regarding this. 

All the information around our fair use policy for customers with extended travel can be found here

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide