cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up to new contract without consent

Ficroce
Tuning in

Services were disconnected from Virgin on the 22nd December, including TV and Broadband. There was no contract in place for a phone

Just found out today, Virgin has locked us into another contract for Virgin Mobile. We didn't agree to this and aren't using any services with Virgin. We are currently being billed for services we aren't using. 

Can someone help with this please? 

9 REPLIES 9

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ficroce

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that you have a mobile contract that you were unaware of. Do you know if this is a brand new contract or was the mobile part of a previously agreed package you had when you had an account with us? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley,

I believe we had a package that included the landline, but this was all meant to be disconnected and the number should have been exported. We have written confirmation from Virgin this had happened. We never agreed to another contract,

I really appreciate any help you can give on this

The landline would have been apart of your media package. 

Just to confirm, are you querying a landline service that you did not agree to or a mobile contract? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

The agent from Virgin Media said it was a Virgin mobile, but having looked at the account, it appears to be a landline, I'm really sorry for the confusion 

Thank you for confirming this @Ficroce 

When you moved services did you ask for your landline number to be ported to your new provider? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

We did yes. We didn't stay with the provider that the number was exported to, but we did request the number was exported and confirmed this was done by one of the agents 

So the number was exported fully away from us and the number was working with your new provider? 

Just trying to confirm whether the number port from us to your new provider was completed and successful, if not then, the landline would remain active until your new provider requests your number from us so that the number is not lost. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

I'm not sure if the export was successful or not. We received confirmation that the number was to be exported on the 14th December and we received confirmation that the services had been disconnected on the 22nd December. We spoke to the new provider on the 29th December and we would be advised that everything would be terminated on the 4th January. 

How would we go about coming out of the package with Virgin? The landline is not active, but we're being billed still 

Is it possible that the landline has remained active for the number port to take place.

We can certainly take a look at this for you at our side to confirm what has happened. We would need to locate and pass account security to be able to discuss the account in full. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon

Here to help 🙂
Carley