Menu
pjmatty73
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Shockingly Bad customer service

previously had a Virgin media account that i added a mobile to, the phone was in my name but was used by my wife. Since I separated from my wife i have discovered that my wife was able to ring up and cancel mobile phone account that was in my name without my authorization. Having done so she left an outstanding debt on the account that is affecting my credit score. 

I rang Virgin on 0345 6000789 and asked to speak to someone on complaints but was told that i would have to email. I was given the email address of consumerunderwritingservices@virginmedia.co.uk which turned out to be an  obsolete email. 

I rang again and again was told i couldn't to anyone but they would file a complaint for me. I filed a complaint.......or so I thought.

Having heard nothing I rang 0345 6000789 again today. 

1st tempt - went through the call menu, got cut off

2nd attempt - got through to call handler, explained situation, was told they were waiting for me to email my complaint. I explained that this was not the case and that i wanted to speak to someone on complaints. Immediately and deliberately cut off. 

3rd attempt - got through a different call handler, explained that I'd just been cut off and that i really needed to speak to someone on complaints. Call forwarded without an explanation to the COLLECTIONS department. The woman on collections told me that she'd give me a number for the complaints department........Yes, you guessed it 0345 6000789. I told her that I was unwilling to do that because the people on that number seemed completely incapable of sorting the matter out or even worse, unwilling to. The nice woman insisted there was nothing else she could do and that was the end of that. 

This is without doubt the worst customer service I have ever experienced, it is beyond inadequate. I am at a loss on how to proceed with this matter now, the live web chat is continually unavailable and other than ring  the same number again and speak to more unhelpful and totally unprofessional call handlers, I have no idea how to resolve this!! 

I can safely say I will never give Virgin my custom ever again. 

0 Kudos
Dominatez
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shockingly Bad customer service

Call them and ask to speak to someone who is based in the UK. Tell them you will keep calling back until they put you through to a UK call centre.

I should have taken my own advice, but being annoyed by their shocking service made me see red.

Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there pjmatty, thank you for your post.

The only way the team would be able to do this is if they spoke with the account holder.

If your ex wife knew the password it is possible that she could've gotten someone to call to pretend to be the account holder and if they provided these details we wouldn't have known otherwise.

Have you contacted her to see if she requested for this to be cancelled herself?

Nathan B

0 Kudos
Highlighted
pjmatty73
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Nathan 

Thank you for your response. 

I have spoken to my ex and she confirms that she did cancel the contact but that she did not get someone to pretend to be me. However, she did know the answer to the security questions but this should be immaterial if she is not the account holder. 

Aside from the central issue, my main complaint is the sheer unprofessional conduct of the Helpline Advisers (a wholly misleading term).  After posting on here on Friday I rang the Helpline again on Saturday and, having again gone through the call menu, i  was connected to an adviser who asked me how he could help me. I informed him that i wanted to make a complaint and the nice helpful adviser immediately cut me off. This being the third time so far that I've been cut off despite me at no point having got angry or abusive and always remaining polite. Indeed, I never have the time to be angry or abusive, even if this was in my nature, as on two occasions I've been cut off with 20 seconds of commencing the conversation after I'd had the audacity to utter the word 'complaint'.

I can only assume the contact centre, in what ever far flung destination it is clearly situated, has gone completely rogue and is more bothered on meeting is call answering targets than actually providing any satisfactory level of customer service. It clearly seems to be common practice by certain advisers to terminate any non-standard calls. The nice automated lady at the start the call tells the customer that the call may be recorded, I can only assume this is never done for the purpose of ensuring that a quality service is provided to the customer. 

For the record, I rang back again on Saturday morning and finally spoke to an adviser who was willing to spend some time to provide customer service. He confirmed that despite being told two weeks ago that a complaint would be logged on my behalf, my records indicated that this has never been done. So I had to start at the beginning and have finally received an email today to say my complaint is being dealt with. 

There is difference between bad customer service despite staff trying their best, usually due to the volume of work compared to staff, and bad customer service because staff in no way care about the customers they are providing a service to, sadly this is clearly the latter. 

Regards 

0 Kudos
SammySam
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ditto

This company is a joke and because of this I will cancel everything I have with Virgin. They can't even speak english!!

Forum Team (Retired) Rich_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi pjmatty73,

In that case please wait for a response regarding the claim as it'll be looked in to and dealt with by the right team and hope a satisfactory resolution is found.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

Can make calls, but no data? Check your "Virgin Mobile APN settings"

0 Kudos
pjmatty73
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Rich 

Thank you for your reply which I note makes no reference to the Kafkaesque level of service that I have so far received. Sadly regardless of what 'the right team' come up with, there will be no satisfactory resolution to this situation. The 'right team' will merely tell me whether a 42 year female managed to do a convincing impression of a 44 male when cancelling the phone contact. It will not address the shambolic standard of customer service that i have received as that was not the subject of my complaint. To address the absence of any decent standard of customer service, I'd have to make a further complaint, which would necessitate me ringing the unhelpful helpline again, thus running the gauntlet of being deliberately cut once more. As the sky today is blue and so far all is right in the world, I lack the masochistic streak  necessary to ruin the tranquil calm of the day by speaking to someone whose approach to customer service is the equivalent of hitting a hornets nest with a very big stick. 

For the record, the issue is not with overseas call centres, many of them do a fine job, this is not one of them. 

Regards 

0 Kudos