cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Switch, old number won’t transfer.

laraj
Tuning in

I received a text from Virgin Media confirming that my SIM switch/transfer was completed and when I log into my online account it shows my that my old number is now associated with my Virgin Media account and new SIM card. However, in my phones settings it still shows as the default number the SIM came with and there is no way to update this and ever since the switch completed, I no longer can receive text messages to my new or old phone. It’s like it’s switched the number over but it isn’t registering on the new phone/SIM and it’s no longer associated with my old phone/SIM either! Please help. 

14 REPLIES 14

Hey, Nathan 

That worked! It has updated the number everywhere but the issue I’m facing now is when I try to select my number for iMessage and FaceTime it says “Waiting for activation” and won’t let me select it so I still can’t receive messages. Anyway to fix this?

Thank you again! 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for getting back to us and letting us know this worked for you. 

As you are still getting the activation message, can you please now reboot the handset and try again for us?

Thanks 

Nat

Hey, Nat

I’ve tried rebooting it but I’m still getting the same message. 

Thank you 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you laraj. 

I would like to take a look from our side to make sure everything is correctly setup.

To do this, I will just need to pop you over a private message to confirm some details. This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon,  

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi laraj,

Thank you for joining me on private chat and for your patience.

I am very happy to hear a reset to the phone has been able to resolve the issue but do please get in touch if we can assist in the future. 

Take care, 

Nat