cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruined my credit history with Equifax

washwini12
Tuning in
I do regular payment without any default. Somewhere in last Sept 2020 I missed payments as I lost my wallet and blocked all my cards. But then I personally called Virgin and settled my payments as well doing regular payments since then. 
But I am quite disappointed with the way the virgin media treated me. Even after resolution keeping record on my Credit as bad which is affecting me to get a mortgage now. 

I am very much disappointed with the customer service as well that they can't give me the number to talk to the person and get this bad credit removed which Virgin Media/Mobile should have done themselves 11 months back. I am not even aware that Virgin did this with me till date when my mortgage got rejected.

I want this to be resolved in a couple of days so that I can re-apply for a mortgage. As Equifax stated to me that Virgin has to remove the credit dispute as it is resolved and inform them so in a couple of hours my credit history will be updated. So now everything depends on how much Virgin is ready to make it right which Virgin media/mobile must have done 11 months back.

Please please do it in a couple of days. I don't want to lose the property when I didn't do anything wrong and Virgin media/mobile forgot to remove the mark from my  credit for 11 months.
5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've put an escalation request on your post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi washwini12,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the mark on your credit file. We can certainly take a look into this for you. 

I have taken a look on our side and have located a Mobile account. 

From your post you have advised Media/Mobile. Can you confirm if this is regarding a Mobile or Media account? Or is it regarding both?

^Martin

It's regarding my mobile

If you have seen my mobile account my payments are up to date. But in Sep 2020 someone put credit default on my account and never removed it. When today I called customer care they asked me you didn't asked us to remove. But I came to know about my credit default through Equifax and Virgin never informed me about it. I don't have any payments pending with Virgin. If they have defaulted me when I had to block my accounts due to thefts, I personally called Virgin and paid the debts. So it was resolved a year back. So if you had me defaulted for any reasons which I don't know why you should have removed it rather than ruining customers credit history. I will loose the house because of Virgin's mistake as they forgot to remove credit default from customers account. Whereas in your record previously I was virgin broadband customer for 5 years without any default. And even for virgin mobile I never missed payments. But if theft occurs you have to block accounts which I did. But I did contact Virgin as well and paid the missed amount as well as setup direct debit for the same which is still continued. I have Equifax dispute number and if you remove default and update Equifax then still I can re-apply for mortgage. But it really needs to be done faster. Equifax told me if Virgin removes the bad credit their system will update my credit score in couple of hours.

Thank you for that information. To be able to investigate this further I will private message you so we can pass some data protection. 

^Martin