cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruined my credit history with Clearscore

thebk17
Joining in

hi all im planning on buying some property this year so i went and checked my clearscore only to find out that i have 3 accounts with virgin telecom 2 of which are in arrears and one in default, they are from several years ago and i cant remember all the details, so i called customer service who managed to find the accounts but said they are all closed with nothing owed, so I am quite disappointed to find them on my credit report i would like to get this bad credit removed so when i come to get my mortgage it wont get rejected.??

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'd first recommend obtaining copies of your credit file from the main agencies - Equifax, Experian and another whose name currently escapes me.

https://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/statutory-report.html 

https://www.equifax.co.uk/Products/credit/statutory-report.html 

Using those files, it should be fairly obvious what entries are the underlying cause of any rejection. You can then set about establishing what's caused those entries and querying it with those lenders. In VM's case, an email to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk with full details of the alleged inaccuracy is the first port of call. But you need to know what the credit file entry is, first.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TransUnion UK is the third.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

hi all i emailed them and this is the reply, it turns out i owe money after the guy told me i didnt on the phone

Hello

Unfortunately, we are unable to make any amendment to your Virgin Mobile account number FA48167474, FA62138668 & FA62057470 due to the outstanding balance still appearing.

I would advise that either the balance is paid in full by calling on 0345 600 0789 or to raise a complaint to investigate for you and the reasons as to why you feel this debt is incorrect.

Once the issue has been resolved and the balance shows zero we will of course make the necessary amendments to your credit file.

Thank you,

The Team at Virgin Media

so i called them up but i couldn't pass "security" on two of the three accounts because i cant remember the password or account numbers or phone numbers or sort codes or the email address i used almost 10 years ago! its ridiculous i just want to pay my debt and have my report cleared! please advise

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @thebk17,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that there are some outstanding payments on your former Mobile accounts. I understand that this is not ideal, especially if you're in the process of purchasing property.

Have you been able to contact our team on 03454541111 as the email reply suggested? 

If you need, I'll be able to investigate this further for you and see what we can do. Unfortunately, we're unable to process payments on this platform, but I will be able to help clear up any confusion with this issue.

I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details, so please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs