cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

Hangnguyen82
Joining in

Hi. I tried to roam my phone in Italy but it seems not working at all. I can not receive calls , texts or be able to use my phone at all if not connect to my hotel wifi. Pls help as i need to receive an URGENT phone call ☎ from Asia in the next 4 hours. 

I already tried to call Virgin helpline since 12pm Italian time today. Still nothing happened. 

Very disappointed with Virgin. Pls help 

4 REPLIES 4

mjpartyboy
Fibre optic
If you're sure you're using the correct dialling code to call when you're abroad, then it might be that your SIM card is blocked from making and receiving international calls.

I had this problem with my Three SIM for a number of trips, despite my online account confirming international calls were enabled, I could not make international calls when away from my home country, and it took a while for someone to correctly understand the issue and provide me the code I needed to remove this particular block from the SIM via commands on the phone.
SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Hangnguyen82,

Welcome to the Community Forums, thank you for your post.

I'm very sorry to hear you've been unable to use your mobile services whilst abroad in Italy.. Are you receiving any service/signal at all?

I can see that you have spoken with our team, what did they advise exactly?

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

Your it team was meant to fix our roaming settings but no response and still niot working 

can not receive calls in Italy. Vital for business 

follow up ASAP this is very urgent 

Hi Hangnguyen82,

I've had a look on this end and can see that this issue is still with our IT Teams and it is under investigation. I can only apologise for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

If you would like to request another update please do let us know.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth