cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming services

Salty1
Tuning in

Hi,

I received the following message: "We recently tried to update your network services so you can use your mobile while travelling outside of the UK, but unfortunately it didn’t work. This might be because your phone was switched off when we sent the update to your SIM.

We’ve tried sending you a text so you can order a new SIM, but we haven’t had a reply. So you know, if you plan to travel abroad without an updated SIM, your roaming services will no longer work from 1st October 2021.

This is totally unacceptable. Are Virgin serious about leaving customers, long standing customers, with no service - the ability to make calls, send texts and use data from the 1st of October?!  

Like many others I will not be back in the UK before Xmas this year. I have no other means of mobile communication.  Something needs to be done for probably 1000s of Virgin customers like me.

8 REPLIES 8

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Salty1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I'm really sorry that you feel that way about our services but our roaming migration needs to go ahead, there is never an ideal time to do this as many of our customers wont be in the UK.  

We have been contacting all customers since October last year that this needed to be done before the migration took place 

We could arrange for a sim card to be sent to a UK address and then be sent onto you but this sim card would need to be activated in the UK, which would mean that you would lose service until the sim card is sent to you.

Would you like me to set this up for you?

Regards,

Steven_L

No thanks.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Salty1,

Thanks for getting back to us to confirm, apologies again that this is happening at a time when you will not be in the UK. 

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

UNACCEPTABLE!

I cannot believe Virgin cannot provide a "workaround" for people who find themselves in my position. 10+ years loyal, fully paid up and never missed a payment, service and this is how we are treated. Disgraceful. Is this how Richard Branson wants to run his business. I will be high and dry if this goes ahead. Is this a service you are proud of?

We are really sorry for the trouble @Salty1.

If you wish to raise a complaint, please refer to our Complaints Code of Practice which outlines the process in full.

Kind Regards,

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

If I thought it would change the outcome I would raise a complaint. But I have no reason to think it will.  Sadly I am losing all faith in the Virgin Mobile division of the Virgin empire. 😥

Sorry you feel that way Salty1

We are still here to help and can send out a replacement Sim if you would like us to

Gareth_L