Menu
Highlighted
hellomarilu
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Roam like home not working

Hi I’m in Portugal and my phone has no network coverage. I want to use Roam like home.

i can’t find a solution on this forum

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Roam like home not working

Hi hellomarilu,

Thanks for your post on the Community and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your roaming service. Did you verify that roaming was active before your trip (you can check this via your online account under Plan and Device > Manage My Services)? Also please make sure that International call barring is OFF.
Also, please try manually selecting the networks available to see if you can get a full working connection.
If your roaming hasn't been activated before leaving for your trip, we can try resetting this on the network, but please be aware that our reset may not work, as this depends on the local host network picking up the correct details from the UK.
If you are still having an issue with your roaming service and would like for me to check this, I will need to take more details. I will send you a private message requesting more information so that I can assist with this issue. Just click on the envelope icon at the top of this page.

Kind Regards,
Terri
Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

Kindod
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

terrible service abraod

Karent2504
Just joined
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi  i am in spain and cannot use my phone visited spain last year and it worked fine and i havent altered any of my settings

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karent2504,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're not able to use your phone whilst abroad, and I can appreciate you're keen to get this sorted. 

Did you verify that roaming was active before your trip (you can check this via your online account under Plan and Device > Manage My Services)?

Also please make sure that International call barring is OFF.

If your roaming hasn't been activated before leaving for your trip, we can try resetting this on the network, but please be aware that our reset may not work, as this depends on the local host network picking up the correct details from the UK.

If you would like for me to look into this, I will need to take more details. I will send you a private message requesting more information so that I can assist with this issue. Just click on the envelope icon at the top of this page.

Thanks,

Melissa_F

0 Kudos
Marcomarangon
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi im.in italy and my fhone had no network coverage i want to use roam like home why so diffucoult to chat with somebody? I did all the correct thinks before leaving the uk ..veey disappointed about ..

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Marcomarangon, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry you're having some issues using the services in Italy, I can appreciate you're keen to connect. 

Have you done a reboot and a manual network search? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Marcomarangon
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Yes

0 Kudos
Marcomarangon
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Still no working

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Do you want to pop me a personal message so I can take a closer look? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos