cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Mobile cancellation email?

boomish
Dialled in

I got this email today, trouble is I never requested to leave in fact I recently started a new oomph contract with Virgin and have purchased 2 more mobile sims. What should I do?

Your request to leave Virgin Mobile has gone through. 

Hello xxxx xxxx, 

We've got your request to cancel your Virgin Mobile contract. Everything's sorted. 

We'll cancel your contract on 05/11/2020 - 21/12/2020 as requested. Until then, we'll bill you as normal and you'll have Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Texts, 15 GB Data to use a month as usual. 

Any usage outside of your allowance will be charged at standard network rates. 

Kind regards, 
The Virgin Media team 

16 REPLIES 16

Hi @boomish,

I'm very sorry to hear about this. To confirm, are you saying that you've been sent a replacement SIM card to alleviate these ongoing problems you've had but that the replacement SIM card doesn't work even after activation?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Appreciate the reply Zach, excuse the late response I've been working , I got the sim activated via my web account, it would not work with the information provided by the Sim, I just had to google activation,I tried to call but after 30 mins on hold I gave up.

I still don't have the sim added back to my Virgin Media account, but it does now reappear on my Mobile account as an oomph sim. Whats really funny is I received a Virgin Pay as you go card for my oomph sim..what a mess.

I know it's a computer glitch but the customer service is atrocious , nobody in a year of mails & messages listened to me, just because the computer in front of them said I had a sim number in my name meant that despite the fact I didn't know this number or I told people this wasn't my number it took 11 months to be removed and lost me two weeks of phone service despite me begging Virgin not to cut me off. Even the apology letter asked me what I wanted to do with this other number...I mean you can't make this up, I've a good mind to write to BBC watchdog, this would make hilarious sketch!

Hopefully this is the last of it..

Thanks for coming back to us @boomish.

Glad to hear that you have been able to get your sim activated but apologies that it took so long for you to get this done and the support wasn't helpful.

I have looked into your account and can see that your sim is showing as active on your Virgin Media account, so it's still part of the Oomph deal.

I will look into why this isn't showing on your online account and get back to you soon.

Regards,

Steven_L

I never did hear back from you Steven, while my phone is now back , this unknown sim that seems to associated with me is still going on, today I got a bill for this unknown number ending in 8611!!

That’s way over a year Virgin have been sending me bill’s and confusing my account with this number..Thankfully it’s an oomph sim so no money owing, however the account no and telephone number is nothing to do with me. No matter how many times I report this it’s never sorted.. my fear is at some point again Virgin will either cut my real account off again or start charging me ..

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I'm so sorry to hear this @boomish

I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconveneince caused. 

I'm going to send you a PM so we can look into things and advise further. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of your screen. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Can't believe 2 years on I am still getting bills for a Virgin account I never made & for a mobile number I don't own, despite having spent days communicating with Virgin over this forum and via phone, I even lost my number for 2 weeks after it was cut off despite me asking for over a year not too! It did get resolved by Virgin and I got my service back & an apology letter.

Today yet another email bill for this same dam mobile number with my name on it 😞

Thank you for the update @boomish.

We can understand the frustration caused and we truly want to get the properly resolved. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs