cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Mobile cancellation email?

boomish
Dialled in

I got this email today, trouble is I never requested to leave in fact I recently started a new oomph contract with Virgin and have purchased 2 more mobile sims. What should I do?

Your request to leave Virgin Mobile has gone through. 

Hello xxxx xxxx, 

We've got your request to cancel your Virgin Mobile contract. Everything's sorted. 

We'll cancel your contract on 05/11/2020 - 21/12/2020 as requested. Until then, we'll bill you as normal and you'll have Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Texts, 15 GB Data to use a month as usual. 

Any usage outside of your allowance will be charged at standard network rates. 

Kind regards, 
The Virgin Media team 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to us @boomish.

Glad to hear that you have been able to get your sim activated but apologies that it took so long for you to get this done and the support wasn't helpful.

I have looked into your account and can see that your sim is showing as active on your Virgin Media account, so it's still part of the Oomph deal.

I will look into why this isn't showing on your online account and get back to you soon.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

boomish
Dialled in

Please can a moderator look into my account?

I spent the whole day on the text message helps system, I had to explain the problem several times as operators came & went, then I did get an operator who looked into my account and said not to worry as it’s a new contract, I should ignore the email, I then questioned why did ai get the email and why if I try and add a nickname to my mobile number it says I can’t while an order is in progress, I waited an hour for a reply that said yes my number ending xxx is to be disconnected as requested!! Then the operator said their shift was ending and I was being put back in the queue.. no solution no explanation and I have to start all over again!!

WHAT! I don’t want my phone disconnected..
please someone HELP

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've pushed through an escalation on this

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi boomish,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forum.

I'm sorry to hear that you have received notification from us, advising that you are leaving us. This is most strange.

I'm going to send you over a PM so I can take a look into your account for you.

See you there,

Beth

Beth

Despite several calls to Virgin and talking to Virgin staff here over the past year, asking them why I keep getting emails and texts saying my phone is to be disconnected and re-assurance that the glitch has been fixed my mobile got cut off today! Disastrous for my business!

My number has disappeared from my TV/Broadband account and my Mobile account. 

I did reply to the last PM that staff member Beth has sent me last year but got an automated reply saying no to send PM messages 😞

Please can someone help, I can now not receive calls or access any 2 factor authentication services. I have spoken to the Mobile team again today and even more confused than ever as they are sending me two sims in addition to telling me my contract I was on won't now be available! Why? I have an oomph package. Am so upset this has happened this has cost me so much time .

Please can a member of staff contact me ASAP please.

Hi boomish,

I'm very sorry to hear of the situation.

So I can help, I'll need a few more details from you- I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Not sure if anyone else has advice but after a year of messages, phone calls and emails I am at my wits end with Virgin, whoever I talk to just does not listen. I am now without my mobile number for over 2 weeks, a mobile I use for my business & for security, I cannot receive calls unlock banking services or authorise software! 
Virgin are confused with a duplicate oomph sim in my name created by their system, and they have been threatening to cut off my mobile for a year despite me requesting them not to and the fact I don’t have 2 sims. Two weeks ago they cut off my mobile and are just as confused as ever, after several long conversations and messages here, they apologised and said they would restore my number, yesterday I got letter with a new sim and an apology letter! 
However the sim doesn’t work and the letter says they have been unable to contact me to ask what to do with the second number, I cannot believe it, of course you can contact me you cut off my phone and I don’t know this second number!!!! how many times do you have to tell Virgin the same thing! 
They have laughably offered me £50 despite this problem has cost me so much time and now with no mobile for my business god knows how much in lost work..I cannot sit on another hour long phone and talk to someone in Singapore who doesn’t listen.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds a right nightmare and typical of Virgin CS who it seems can't handle anything out of the usual. Hopefully the SIM they sent you just needs activating and one of the team should be able to do that.

As regards compensation you have a domestic contract and business loss is not taken into consideration 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Enli,

I do understand it’s not a business mobile, I was just pointing out the inconvenience caused. the the little things like when my mobile got cut off, first guy told me it would take the weekend, then forum moderator told me that was incorrect when I checked & he would sort it, then next guy said It’ll be done the next day etc etc till I was told it would be 3-5 days, then told I need a new sim and that would take another 3-5 days, I mean seriously 2 weeks??

I have said to Virgin every time I spoke to them I realise it’s a computer glitch but I don’t understand why they can’t read or listen to the problem, why do they continue to ask me about this fictitious number I just told them I know nothing about.

Just to add, please bear in mind I have been asking Virgin not to cut off my mobile for the past year! So it’s not like I didn’t warn them.