cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement SIM

Hamster28
Joining in

I have received a replacement SIM as part of the VM network upgrade but did not swap it out within the 14 days. On the old SIM there is no network coverage and when I put new SIM in, same issue. How can I activate my new SIM if the phone can no longer access the VM network ? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, but only a skeleton staff over new year.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will probably now have to wait for one of the team to contact you on here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks enlli. I haven't used this forum before. So VM staff use this forum too ?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, but only a skeleton staff over new year.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Hamster28,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having some problems with your SIM card recently. Do you still need assistance? If so, did you follow these activation instructions within 31 days of receiving the SIM card? If the 31 days have now passed then I'm afraid the SIM card will be permanently deactivated and a new one will need to be ordered.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach, yes please still need assistance. I followed the instructions but after putting new sim card in, I have no network coverage. I have double checked sim is inserted correctly. If I swap it back to my original sim, I also have no network coverage.i think perhaps the original sim has been deactivated and the new sim is faulty? Does that sound plausible? 

Thanks for getting back to us Hamster28, when a new or replacement SIM card is ordered it can be ordered with two different options, immediate activation or self activation. One should work straight away but the old SIM card would become deactive or it may need activating once received.

You can find the different ways to activate the new SIM in the packaging received with the SIM card. If you no longer have this I'm happy to take a look at your account, to do this though i would need some additional information via Private Message so let me know if you would like this and I can send one so we can investigate further.

Rob

Yes please can you take a look into my account

Hi Rob, I think I may have worked out the issue. I think that the replacement SIM you sent me is perhaps on the Vodafone network. I have zero Vodafone coverage at home. The only network for me is EE which is why I opted for VM in the first place. Can you send a replacement SIM that uses the EE network.

Hi @Hamster28

Thanks for the reply!

What carrier does your phone advise you're using? This can usually be seen at the top of the phone.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs