cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated Password Problem

bdw
Up to speed

The password I am using lets me login in to both my mobile account and my main account without a problem.

When I call Virgin they ask me for some characters from my password. Why do they repeatedly tell me my password is wrong when I can use it to login to my accounts online and how do I stop this happening?

What password are they asking me for when I call and how can I change this?

10 REPLIES 10

bdw
Up to speed

I don't have the security key required to log into my account. Where can I find this? (I don't have it in any emails.) 

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @bdw,

Welcome back to our community forums. 

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with your account password. We can understand your frustration and want to do our best to explain.

When you call our team or contact us via text or chat service, the password we ask for is the account verification password. This password is different to your my VM log in password. This password was created when you first joined our services. 

If needed we can request for a password reminder letter to be sent out to you.

Please let me know if you need any further help.#

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua_A,
I would very much appreciate a password reminder.

No problem at all @bdw.

I have been able to access your account using forum details.  In this case, I have requested for a reminder to be sent to the address on your account. This should get to you in the next 7 working days.

Is there anything else you need help with today?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Thank you.

No problem at all @bdw.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help 🙂

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

I did not receive any reminder.

Sorry to hear this @bdw

As Akua_A advises, this would take 7 working days - which would therefore would mean this could come through to you on 18/08.

Can you please advise me if you're the account holder and would be able to answer secondary questions on the account if you were asked them?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thank you. I received it today.