cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refeshing SIM data

Johnny4342
Tuning in

I received a new SIM at the beginning of May. Occasionally I get a message 'refreshing SIM data' when I'm using the internet (wifi). When this happens the internet session is interrupted and the page refreshed, which is inconvenient. Can you please advise on how I can stop this? Thanks

94 REPLIES 94

Hi cakeisgood, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the Wi-FI calling, can you confirm how often this happens,is this in one location or multiple, do you only have issue calling one network or multiple? - Chris 

Hi Chris, thanks for getting back to me.

It happens pretty regularly, at least once a day. Some days I've had to restart my phone 3 or more times, especially if I'm expecting a call so I am checking the wifi calling status diligently. This is when I am working from home with wifi. I believe it does happen when I'm outside, but of course I have the Virgin mobile network then so it's not so obvious if it has dropped wifi calling.

Although in saying that, people still do have trouble calling me sometimes when I have mobile reception, and often they won't even get through to my voicemail, they will just be told that my phone is switched off (which of course it isn't, I've had it in my hand as they try to phone to see what the problem was myself, and my voicemail is on). 

And the issue is calling all networks because the phone automatically and, seemingly, randomly turns wifi calling off and removes the option from my settings menu, so the only way to restore it is a reset (as seen in my previous post with the images). I've tried my SIM in a Samsung S7 and got the same problem.

Are you able to monitor this and keep a record of what post codes this happens in, dates and times of day and once we have the information we will be able to raise an IT ticket for the IT team to look into. ^Chris. 

Absolutely, will do. Thanks again.

Great news, we look forward to hearing from you, have a good night and as soon as we have the information we will be able to move forward with this. ^Chris.

Hi there, 

Is there someone I can PM some info to with regards to this issue? Although there doesn't seem to be a pattern, other than it only happens when I am on wifi, be that home wifi, a mobile hotspot or hotel wifi. There is also no consistent app that I'm using when it happens either.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi cakeisgood, thanks for getting in touch - sorry to hear you've encountered this issue as well. So we can help further I will contact you via PM - just look out for the purple envelope icon and we'll take it from there.

Tom 

I wanted to confirm that I'm having the exact same issue since upgrading to a Samsung A52S. Previous phone wasn't 5G so I believe that was still using the stronger EE network but now we've switched to Vodafone, which has terrible reception in our area

Hi n_s_simpson,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear you're also having this issue. 

I have been able to locate your account and do wish to assist with this. 

What I will do private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for messaging with us N_s_simpson,

Glad you were able to get this resolved over the phone with our team.

Zoie