cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refeshing SIM data

Johnny4342
Tuning in

I received a new SIM at the beginning of May. Occasionally I get a message 'refreshing SIM data' when I'm using the internet (wifi). When this happens the internet session is interrupted and the page refreshed, which is inconvenient. Can you please advise on how I can stop this? Thanks

94 REPLIES 94

Sorry to hear this, kmknights.  I'll send you a private message to confirm your mobile account details.  Cheers!

I'd like to pipe in here too. My Samsung S10 regularly flashes up with a refreshing SIM data grey box. Please see photo attached, message is at the bottom.

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-07 at 16.08.22.jpeg

This also leads to me not just losing wifi calling, but the option to select wifi calling also completely disappears as an option from the settings menu. I have to reset the phone to get it to come back. When I do this, the setting is there again and switched on. It happens seemingly at random, but regularly throughout the day. I can't be checking my phone every five minutes to see if it has gone weird though. Where I live there is no mobile reception so I rely on wifi calling completely.

I can't remember when it started but it's been getting worse and a serious issue for a few weeks now. It has meant I have missed lots of calls. And the calls don't go to voicemail either - those calling get told my phone is switched off and don't get the chance to leave a message. My phone isn't switched off and it has a fast wifi connection at all times in the house. 

Has anyone with this issue found a resolution?

Hi cakeisgood,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with a refreshing Sim Data message.

I have managed to find your account and cannot see any issues there, this error Refreshing Sim Data can happen when either the Sim card is faulty or the Sim reader on the handset itself.

To rule out the handset are you able to try the Sim in a different phone to see if this still happens, if it does then you need a new sim, if possible also if there is any family member who can put their Sim in your phone this will test if it is infeed the phoned?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul, thank you for getting back to me so swiftly.

I've just tried it in my old S7 and after 15 or so minutes, the message appeared on it too (although I was too slow to capture a screenshot this time!). Does that mean a faulty SIM card?

Thanks for replying, cakeisgood, we ca get a replacement SIM card sent to you. I'll send you a private message to confirm your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

I am also having the exact same issue as Cakeisgood

My Samsung Note 20 Ultra regularly flashes up with a refreshing SIM data grey box. This also leads to me not just losing wifi calling, but the option to select wifi calling also completely disappears as an option from the settings menu. I have to reset the phone to get it to come back. When I do this, the setting is there again and switched on. It happens seemingly at random, but regularly throughout the day. Where I live there is poor mobile reception and we have no landline, so I rely on wifi calling.

It has been happening since I replaced my Windows Surface Duo with my Note 20 Ultra. No issues when using the Duo. 

Hi @gavinjwilson71

I'm going to private message you now to take a look into this further, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Snowking711
Joining in

Can’t get 5G, all setting are on, phone on latest software, new 5G sim.
any advice

Hi guys, 

Thank you for getting the new SIM card to be so quickly. Unfortunately, having given it time to settle in, I am still having the same problems, namely:

1) wifi calling turns itself off. This happens when the phone has been sat in the same place in the house for a few hours and I haven't been using it.
2) the option to turn wifi calling on simply vanishes from the settings menu (see images attached taken less than two hours apart) and
3) refreshing sim data warning message appears at random, and my phone suffers a reduction in speed (see recent photo attached) 

I really do need wifi calling to work where I live as all mobile phone reception is sketchy and often nonexistent where I live so I rely on it. Do you have any further ideas on what could be the problem?

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-28 at 13.19.16 (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-07-28 at 13.19.16 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-07-28 at 13.19.16.jpeg

It sounds like we're having the exact same issue. I also live somewhere with no mobile reception so rely on wifi calling. I wonder if this is the problem (although I don't understand why it should be, as isn't that the point of wifi calling?). I got another SIM card but unfortunately, the problem has not gone away. Have you had any success?