cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refeshing SIM data

Johnny4342
Tuning in

I received a new SIM at the beginning of May. Occasionally I get a message 'refreshing SIM data' when I'm using the internet (wifi). When this happens the internet session is interrupted and the page refreshed, which is inconvenient. Can you please advise on how I can stop this? Thanks

94 REPLIES 94

Can you please see if this is any better kmknights

If its still an issue then we can get this looked at in more detail 

Gareth_L

I have received the new SIM and put it in the phone but still having same issues.

Hi Kmknights,

Thanks for coming back to us about this issue with your SIM card, I am sorry nothing has resolved the issue as of yet!

Can I ask if you are still getting the "refreshing SIM data" error or has it changed to something else since receiving the new SIM?

Also, can I ask what Handset you have please?

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi

Yes it is the exact same message of Refreshing SIM data

I have a Samsung S10 5 handset.

Hi Kmknights,

Thanks for coming back to me with that info! 

Lets try something that might help, can you follow these instructions -

Go to Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Scan Networks and then manually select Virgin Mobile.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi,   the last fix made things worse.  Stated that I was not connected to network. And still got Refreshing SIM data.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi KMknights, 

Thanks for your reply. I am sorry this has made it worse, do you have a different handset to tey to see if it is a Samsung issue just so we can narrow it down and help you get it resolved 

Zoie

I tried it in my husbands phone (handset is a Samsung note 10 lite) I have same issue.

His Virgin SIM in my phone worked (no error message and I had signal back).

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi kmknights,

I am really sorry to hear this, this certainly does sound strange. Do you have a handset that isn't with Samsung that you would be able to test this on at all?

Kind regards,
Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

I don't all handsets in household are samsung.