cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refeshing SIM data

Johnny4342
Tuning in

I received a new SIM at the beginning of May. Occasionally I get a message 'refreshing SIM data' when I'm using the internet (wifi). When this happens the internet session is interrupted and the page refreshed, which is inconvenient. Can you please advise on how I can stop this? Thanks

94 REPLIES 94

Good Morning edstrangeways,

Thanks for your post on our Community Fourms and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been having issues with your handset since installing the new SIM card

Has this issue been resolved since your post or is this still on going? Do you notice connection issues when at home only, or when you're in different locations also?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I am having the same issue with the same handset, Samsung S20. 

It appears to happen every time my phone loses signal to the virgin network, which happens a lot where I live.

I will be on my home WiFi with WiFi calling enabled then Refreshing SIM data appears, WiFi calling drops then normally I have to click to save the SIM is with Virgin.

• Tried the suggestion in the previous posts but still have the problem.

I am still having this issue, I tried all the fixes in the posts and I received a new SIM which made no difference. I wonder if the Virgin SIMs are being cut slightly too small as it does appear to be slightly loose in the SIM tray?

HI Skynite77, thanks for the message, Can you confirm if you are still having issues with this or has this since been resolved? Does this happen when the sim is tried in another phone as this will rule out if this is a phone or sim issue - Chris

My partner has just got a Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G and received a Virgin Sim a few weeks ago and has exactly the same problem. So I would say there is an issue with Virgin's SIMs.

Hi Angelique, thanks for the reply, I will send you a PM so that we can look in to this further for you. Chris 

Hi, I never received a DM?

Its the same with the SIM in another phone, I did get sent another SIM card but its still the same.

The issue appears to happen when I lose all signal to the virgin network. For example when I am at home the signal is very poor. When it loses all signal it pops up with that message and WiFi calling is then disabled.

I have to click on the pop ups then WiFi calling sometime connect back and sometimes it doesn't. 

I received a DM, but it did not discuss this issue, not sure what happened there!

Can someone please advise why I and others on this thread are experiencing a SIM refreshing pop up, this has been on going for a near a year and is frustrating.

Chris,

You messaged me not Angelique