cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: error code 7400

terry27
On our wavelength

hi, I received an email from virgin media saying for an extra 0.50 pence a month with no loss of existing services or package I could get 500mb upgrade without entering into a new contract, I phoned 150 from home and spoke a call centre I think in India, was on the phone for one and a half hours, she checked my contract and said that my second box was not covered by the new deal and I could pay £10 a month to reinstall it, as you can guess i was furious at the misleading email and told her so, been with virgin for 25 yrs, she then spoke to her manager and said for £104 per month they would upgrade me to 600 mb and reactivate my second box and send me a free sim card with unlimited data and no cost for text and phone calls as it would all come in with the new package  if I signed up to an 18 month contract I must admit I jumped at the deal spent the next 45 min on hold as they had `technical` issues on their end and she suggested that she phoned me back the following day(Saturday) its now Sunday afternoon and I am still waiting for the call . not happy with virgin media at all.......terry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi terry27,

So my colleague can help I will need to invite you into a private chat as we will need to run a credit check to arrange for the Sim to be sent, I will send a invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @terry27

Thanks for your reply and confirming that. I'm sorry that you have not yet received the promised call back about the new offer as well as the misleading email.

Regarding any package changes, we cannot process these here, especially with an OOMPH SIM being added. As this requires a credit check on the mobile side of the business to be done first, before any offer of the overall package can be submitted and put through. 

Therefore, I would advise getting back in touch about this after tomorrow if you have still not heard back from our agent. I have just checked the account using your forums details and can see that the latest agent you have spoken with has fully noted the deal for the price you have just mentioned and so there should be no reason why this would not be honoured, I'm just sorry this was not swiftly processed for you due to computer issues.

Let us know how you get on,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

terry27
On our wavelength

hi molly-g, progress update for you ,had some issues ringing 150 (india ),so decided to call retentions instead got through to Alex who was on the job training which i did not mind at all,we all have to learn because of the issues i had was offered tv 360,600mb speed new type mini box for my second device also new unlimited sim card at no cost for £99 p.m. on an eighteen month contract all of which i accepted thank you for your input...cheers

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for letting us know this @terry27 and for keeping us updated! 

Glad to hear you did manage to speak to our team and get this sorted. 

Any more issues please do let us know and we are more than happy to help you 🙂 

Have a fab day, thanks 🙂 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

terry27
On our wavelength

tv and broadband fine except record and playback issues on main box,also not recieved my free mobile sim with unlimited data and calls keeping my existing number,just logged on to my mobile account and its still showing my old mobile package  any advice ..cheers

Hi Terry,

Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community, sorry to hear you haven't received your Oomph Sim and that you are having issues with your 360 Box and recording, in  regards to the recording issues what is happening when you try to record.

In regards to the Sim I have reached out to a colleague to make sure this has been sent out, if it hasn't we may need to run another credit check so we can process this we also need to see whether we can bring your number over to this as we are not able to port Virgin to Virgin.

Kind regards

Paul.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@terry27

Ideally these 2 queries should be different posts in different boards as the solutions (and replies) could otherwise get very confusing. Paul has picked up the mobile query (which could be moved to the mobile board), so what's the issue the with your TV box?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi terry27,

So my colleague can help I will need to invite you into a private chat as we will need to run a credit check to arrange for the Sim to be sent, I will send a invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

terry27
On our wavelength

hi, my sim deal now sorted....my main box just updated so will see how it goe many thanks for your attention and help x           terry

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @terry27

Keep us updated on how you get on 🙂 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs