cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Refund when Virgin stops PAYG

StamfordB
Tuning in

@Ayisha_B

I have the same issue as @pumas .  The link provided by @enlli says the following about getting a refund: 

No problem. Use up your credit before our Pay As You Go service ends, or request a refund for any leftover credit by registering your details with us at Your Account, then calling 789.

What do you do if, like me and several others, you are no longer able to connect to 789 because Virgin has stopped this facility for calls from outside the UK?!

11 REPLIES 11

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

If you request a refund the issue that will happen is that Virginmedia will not send that refund cheque to an address outside of the UK, it will need to be posted to a UK address.

You can also contact Virginmedia on other numbers there is a text service on 07533051809

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My understanding is you get 90 days warning of disconnection. I suspect Virgin do not expect PAYG customers to be away that long; and in truth the vast majority won't.

Also if you are abroad you may well find the PAC system does not work as both the old SIM and its replacement will need to be in the UK

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

@DJ_Shadow1966

Thanks for your answer. 

They will send a cheque!!!  Do Virgin not realise what century this is?!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don't think the do send cheques. Usually refunds go to the bank details registered in your account.

@enlli

Thanks for your reply.  I hope that you are right 🙂

@enlli

I have just spent a long (!!) time with Virgin Media's webchat to try to get a definitive answer.

As I am currently outside the UK/EU, they are able to handle the credit refund to my credit card (used to top up my account balance) by me going onto the webchat service.  The alternative is to call 789 (which I can't do as I am outside the UK/EU) or call +44 7458 333 789 for which I will be charged £1.20 per minute.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @StamfordB

Thanks for the update on what information you received during your webchat - were you able to arrange the refund via the webchat too?

Kind reagrds,

Serena

@Serena_C

I could have had the refund on the webchat if I wanted to.  First I will order a SIM from another provider and port my phone number.  Once that is done, I will go to webchat again for the refund. 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to me @StamfordB

If you have any issues obtaining the refund following porting your number, please do pop back here and let us know.

Kind regards,

Serena