cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: PAC code

Jandg2000
Joining in

Any chance you can help deactivating my STAC code. I was given a pac code but it didn't work, I assumed a stac code was the same and accidentally sent it. Can it be stopped so I can keep my account and save number?

Many thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Jandg2000
Joining in

Does any one have any idea if a STAC code can be reversed. I didn't know the difference and it looks like I have cancelled my contract and phone number. I'm self employed so my customers will be unable to contact me. Please help. Thank you 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jandg2000,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Just to clarify has the STAC code already been given to another provider?

If so when?

Regards,

Kain

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Presumably this was an attempted port-in?

It's your previous provider you need to be asking if so - it's their number that you've requested to cancel. Technically the answer is no - that once the number is disconnected, it's released back into a pool and is no longer yours.

Some operators can recover it if you get onto them pronto, but there's no guarantee of this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@japitts  It looks like the OP was porting out as they posted in another thread.

An advisor responded but they have not come back

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks @enlli  - posts merged!!

Hi. Think I have sorted it. Thank you for your reply. 

I contacted the new provider who cancelled the stac code. I was able to then request a pac code. 

All the best