cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ending of Pay As You Go

houstonceng
Joining in

I bought my sister a Virgin PAYG phone for emergency contact and organising transport way back when she was undergoing chemo.  She received a text last year saying her PAYG service would end on 11 January 2022.   The phone is on my Virgin account as I bought it, however, I did not get any communication on this matter direct from Virgin.  There was over £14 credit left on the account.  As the service was stopped on 11 January, I requested a PAC today to transfer to another supplier ASAP so that my sister is not without a mobile phone.  Virgin have charged the account for the PAC, so that there is no balance to reclaim.  How come the PAC cost me £14+ when it is supposed to be free ?  Why can I not get a refund when Virgin removed the service ?

3 REPLIES 3

soontobegone
Joining in

I mysteriously could not get a network connection in the week before the 11th and on the few occasions I did get one could not get a connection to customer care on 789. So I too did not get a refund, slightly larger than yours and lost interest in getting a PAC. I have lodged a formal complaint andwill be raising the issue on TrustPilot. Please join me.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to let you know I have moved your post into a new thread of it's own so it will be more easily picked up by the team.

PAC codes are free so something is wrong.

If you have the code it is best to use it right away. I'm sure the team will sort the refund

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi houstonceng,

I'm sorry to hear that there's been an issue with the balance on your mobile account- we do not charge to issue PACs so this charge must be for something else. I'll pop you over a PM now so I can look into this for you and find out what's happened.

Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope 🙂

Thanks

Beth