Menu
dtc1993
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Random 'Using the internet' charges on latest bill

Hi all,

Received my bill today and was shocked to see I had exceeded my data limit quite a few times. After checking my bill I have noticed that I have charged at random times during the month.

virgin_bill.PNG

Note that I am charged on the 27th, yet later that day my data usage is in tariff. My reset date is the 5th and I was well within my limits. These charges appear again on other days at different times. 

It seems similar to the issue reported here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Mobile/exceeded-internet-usage/td-p/35874...

Does anyone know why these charges are appearing? 

Regards,

DTC

0 Kudos
dtc1993
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Random 'Using the internet' charges on latest bill

I was able to resolve this last night of the phone and have had the additional charges removed. However they were unable to tell why I had been charged... 

0 Kudos
stephenmdunn
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have also been charged for random usage while i was on full strength wifi ! How did you get your charges removed ?

0 Kudos
dtc1993
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the late reply, I rang up 789 and was eventually connected to an operator. She was able to see my data usage for the previous month was not exceeded and wiped the excess from my bill. Overall took about 20 minutes

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos