cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of barring required for stolen phone

nicoleneedles
Tuning in

Hello! I reported my device as stolen through the Virgin Media webiste last night. I received a reply that it had been blocked, and that a replacement sim was on its way to me. Meanwhile, I reported it to the police and my insurers. I havent received an email to confirm anything, and I cant see anything on my account to confirm this.

My insurer now wants to see proof of barring. I've seen on the forums that Virgin doesn't so this, but that they can provide an email as to when the loss was reported - would this be possible? The phone and sim is on a contract with Virgin.

Please  help!

Nicole

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Nicole,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the forum in regards to the loss of your handset, we understand this can be confusing with information required.

We can see from our systems that you spoke to the team yesterday when the replacement SIM was ordered, they have also noted that an email has or will be sent an email in regards o the barring of the SIM for your insurers. Have you received this since posting on the forums?

If not, let us know and we will be happy to look into this further.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Nicole,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the forum in regards to the loss of your handset, we understand this can be confusing with information required.

We can see from our systems that you spoke to the team yesterday when the replacement SIM was ordered, they have also noted that an email has or will be sent an email in regards o the barring of the SIM for your insurers. Have you received this since posting on the forums?

If not, let us know and we will be happy to look into this further.

Rob

Hey! Thanks for getting back in touch. Yes, I found the email buried deep in the spam file. Hopefully this will be enough for the insurers!

Regards,

Nicole

Hi Nicole, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to us. 

We're glad you've received this. If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

parazvalz
Tuning in

I have reported my phone lost with virgin and a new sim has been received 

however insurance company requires proof of barring for insurance claim

i have tried many times but no joy

parazvalz
Tuning in

on ‎29-01-2022 18:48

Hello! I reported my device as stolen through the Virgin Media webiste last night. I received a reply that it had been blocked, and that a replacement sim was on its way to me. Meanwhile, I reported it to the police and my insurers. I havent received an email to confirm anything, and I cant see anything on my account to confirm this.

My insurer now wants to see proof of barring. I've seen on the forums that Virgin doesn't so this, but that they can provide an email as to when the loss was reported - would this be possible? The phone and sim is on a contract with Virgin
thanks

parag