cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of Stolen Phone Barring

marknewby1237
Joining in

After multiple efforts I have finally received a letter form Virgin with proof of purchase of my stolen iPhone but my insurance company will not deal with it unless I have proof of barring . I provided everything to virgin and you confirmed the phone was barred and you would send an email confirming the phone was barred but I have not got this - please advise what i have ot do to get Virgin to confirm this asap 

5 REPLIES 5

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @marknewby1237,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts. 

Sorry to hear you had your phone stolen and that you have still not received your Proof of Barring. To best help with this, I have sent a private letter. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

I have requested for this to be sent out @marknewby1237 

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I am having the same issue of needing proof of barring/ blacklisting from Virgin for insurance purposes for my step daughters stolen phone. I work away and am going away in a couple of days so would really appreciate if this could be emailed asap.

This forum was much more helpful than contacting virgin direct . they will send  a letter confirming the black listing of the phone but if needed complain to get it - our insurance company would not pay out without that proof . 

Hope this helps 

Mark  

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Axtend, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 😊

We can certainly get this looked into for you, but please be aware when we are in PM this will not be an instant messaging service. 

I will pop you a message to get some details and we can go from there. Just keep an eye out for the little envelope 📩

Zoie